Known Chemical Data
|Systematic (IUPAC) name||1-(4-ethylphenyl)-2-(methylamino)propan-1-one|
|Molar mass||191.27 g/mol|
4-EMC – Discovery, History & Research
The discovery of 4-EMC does not seem to have a clear cited source and so is most likely the products of a Chinese based laboratory looking for a similar chemical analogue the more well-known parent compound – 4-EMC.
Since its first mention and availability in larger research chemical stores around September 2010, 4-EMC has been discussed and anecdotally trialled online for the last 6 years, until very recently when it was official scheduled and banned in the state of Vermont in January 2016, then found its way into banned substance lists in Germany and the UK.
Some of the first officially published data on the compound was around 2010 when it was mentioned in several papers analysing test purchased from “legal high” vendors.
There is very little research surrounding 4-EMC and the only official publications seem to surround it’s identification in forensic and toxicology reports for a novel compound identified in “legal high” samples.
Below is most of the research curated from online sources:
- S. D. Brandt, H. R. Sumnall, F. Measham,et al. Analyses of second-generation ‘legal-highs’ in the UK: Initial findings. Drug Test.Anal. 2(8) 377-382 (2010).
- S. Gibbons and M. Zloh.An analysis of the ‘legal high’ mephedrone. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters 20(14) 4135-4139 (2010).
- D. James, R. D. Adams, R. Spears,et al. Clinical characteristics of mephedrone toxicity reported to the UK National Poisons Information Service. Emerg.Med.J. 28 686-689 (2011).
Key Areas of Research
Samples of 4-EMC to purchase online may be used in the following scientific applications.
- As a forensic sample and/or for forensic chemical catalogues.
- As a reference sample for Toxicology laboratories.
- As a chemical reagent and/or intermediate
- Pharmaceutical Intermediate
- As a research chemical sample within studying pharmacology of receptor binding assays. Particularly the NERT, SERT and DAT transporter proteins.
- Affinity and Efficacy Receptor profiling.
- Reference sample for the application within future therapeutic compounds
- Pure reference standard for chemical analytical libraries using HPLC, FTIR, NMR and GC/MS equipment
4-EMC – Online Anecdotal Reports
Forum links to anecdotal discussion by those who are able to buy 4-EMC powder online are readily available online, with most discussion revolving around the common subjects of the ability the buy 4-EMC in the UK and USA, with further discussion expanding into 4-EMC experience or “trip reports”.
Anecdotal discussion has also follow a path of 4-EMS’s ROA or route of administration, legal status and dosage.
Please find below, some of the more in-depth informational sources surround 4-EMC’s effects.
Chemical Safety, Legality & Indented Use
This is a research chemical compound. Sold as an analytical standard, reagent or laboratory tool for in vitro (outside a living organism) research only. This compound is not for human consumption or any form or in vivo research.
It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser to ensure this compound is legal to purchase and import for research chemical purposes in their country.
This compound is intended to be used in strict laboratory conditions, following all proper precautionary protocol for any novel and untested chemical. The toxicological and physiological action of this compound have not been assessed and so extreme caution should be observed when handling this compound. Please follow proper health and safety guidelines, in a well ventilated and well equipped laboratory when handling this compound.